- The mountains around Logan blaze with fall color as bigtooth maples turn bright pink. The timing of the color transition varies and depends on weather conditions, but the maples usually begin to turn in late September, with peak color happening around the first week of October. Story by Matt Masich, Photographs by Scott T. Smith.
- Moab Air Rescue: When backcountry adventures go bad, Classic Air Medical’s helicopter crews swoop in to help. Crews fly patients from the scenes of accidents to medical facilities. They also assist in search and rescues and backcountry accidents. By Rachel Fixsen.
- Though it’s not an everyday occurrence, people are guaranteed to see sheep take the place of cars on Main Street in Cedar City one day each year during the Livestock & Heritage Festival. Shakespeare and sheep are both celebrated as arts and agriculture fuel Utah’s Festival City. Story by Matt Masich, Photographs by Joshua Hardin.
- Inside the grounds of Tracy Aviary, the oldest free-standing aviary in the United States, visitors ooh and ahh at a colorful cast of feathered characters. Andy the Andean Condor and his friends find a home here in Salt Lake’s Liberty Park. By Allie Wisniewski.
- Modern American fare owes a debt to Italian cuisine, with pizza and pasta becoming ubiquitous fixtures on the dinner table. Our recipes take some of those familiar flavors to create novel dishes sure to please the pickiest palates.