Utah Life Magazine is looking for talented Writing & Photography Correspondents to help us cover Nebraska for our bimonthly print magazine subscribers. We write entertaining stories about the people, places, history, culture and communities of our state. Our subscribers are residents of Utah who want to know and understand our state better.
Writing applicants should have a portfolio that demonstrates their ability for crisp, clean and concise copy with lively anecdotes and colorful quotations. Photography applicants should have experience shooting feature stories for print publications. Can you do both writing and photography? Even better!
Our Writing & Photography Correspondents are contract positions paid by the word and photo published.
Qualifications & Skills
- Researching, interviewing and writing
- Editorial photography, including DSLR or mirrorless
- Adobe Photoshop
- Associated Press style
- Magazine writing
- Newspaper writing
- Travel writing
- Ability to travel
- An appreciation for print magazines
- A willingness to learn and adapt to various writing and photography styles
How to apply
Please subscribe to Utah Life and study several issues to get familiar with our style and content. Read our contributor guidelines. To become a correspondent, email cover letter, resume and writing clips or link to photo portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org
Regional magazine publisher Flagship Publishing in Windsor, Colorado, is hiring a Magazine Designer to lead publication design of our high-quality, keepsake lifestyle magazines. We're looking for hardworking team player who is highly organized, efficient and excited to work in a fast-paced magazine publishing company.
Ideal applicants will have solid graphic design principles that guide them in creating clean, concise and engaging editorial layouts that tell a story with sophistication, beauty, grace and elegance.
<< Follow these application instructions: Apply for Magazine Designer at Flagship Publishing by emailing cover letter, resume, references and design portfolio to careers(at)flagshippublishing.com. >>
- Design magazine editorial layouts (covers, features, departments)
- Design specialty projects, including calendars, books and travel magazines
- Perform photo color corrections
- Assist in sourcing photography
- Revise publication style guides, style sheets, templates and InDesign master files
- Upload files to printer, preflight check, corrections, etc.
- Design client advertisements
- Design Flagship marketing campaigns, websites, direct marketing campaigns and social media initiatives
- Other duties
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's or master's degree in design, art, integrated communications, journalism, magazine journalism, advertising and marketing or related field of study
- 5+ years professional experience designing a variety of magazines
- Expert-level knowledge of Adobe CS: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator + InCopy
- Experience working in magazine publishing, marketing or related industry
- Color theory
- Magazine editorial design
- Marketing design
- Working with editors
- Project management software and related workflow processes (Monday.com, SmartSheet, etc.)
Job location: Flagship Publishing, 1180 W Ash St., #200, Windsor, Colorado. We are open to recruiting and helping with moving expenses for the right candidate.
Founded in 1997, Flagship Publishing specializes in high-quality keepsake subscriber magazines, now reaching 250,000 readers in all 50 states and dozens of foreign countries. Our titles include Nebraska Life, Colorado Life and Utah Life. Flagship Publishing is owned by Chris and Angela Amundson and is based in Windsor, Colorado.
Utah Life Magazine is hiring an Advertising Sales Executive to sell advertising into our international subscriber magazines. You will work with businesses, non-profit organizations and governmental entities who wish to reach our unique and loyal audience of subscribers. This job can be full-time or part-time.
<< Follow these application instructions: Apply for this Advertising Sales Executive position by emailing cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com.>>
- Contact existing clients and prospective clients by phone, mail, email and in person - light travel around Utah required
- Log notes, orders and other data into CRM
- Develop prospect lists for new marketing campaigns
- Deliver and follow-up on proposals
- Provide customer service to clients
- Plan and execute sales and marketing campaigns
Qualifications & Skills
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in business administration, sales, marketing, communications, journalism, English, or related fields of study
- Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word and Teams
- CRM experience preferred (Magazine Manager, Salesforce, etc.)
- A demonstrated aptitude for and comfort selling, though no prior media sales experience is necessary
- Professional organizational habits with a penchant for processes
- Excellent business writing skills
- Excellent phone skills
- A drive to succeed
- A joy in helping others
- An appreciation for magazines, especially print magazines
Location: Remote from your home office in Utah
Founded in 1997, Flagship Publishing specializes in high-quality keepsake subscriber magazines, now reaching more than 250,000 readers in all 50 states and dozens of foreign countries. Our titles include Nebraska Life, Colorado Life and Utah Life. Flagship Publishing is owned by Chris and Angela Amundson and is based in Windsor, Colorado.