Utah Life Magazine is looking for talented Writing & Photography Correspondents to help us cover Nebraska for our bimonthly print magazine subscribers. We write entertaining stories about the people, places, history, culture and communities of our state. Our subscribers are residents of Utah who want to know and understand our state better.
Writing applicants should have a portfolio that demonstrates their ability for crisp, clean and concise copy with lively anecdotes and colorful quotations. Photography applicants should have experience shooting feature stories for print publications. Can you do both writing and photography? Even better!
Our Writing & Photography Correspondents are contract positions paid by the word and photo published.
Qualifications & Skills
- Researching, interviewing and writing
- Editorial photography, including DSLR or mirrorless
- Adobe Photoshop
- Associated Press style
- Magazine writing
- Newspaper writing
- Travel writing
- Ability to travel
- An appreciation for print magazines
- A willingness to learn and adapt to various writing and photography styles
How to apply
Please subscribe to Utah Life and study several issues to get familiar with our style and content. Read our contributor guidelines. To become a correspondent, email cover letter, resume and writing clips or link to photo portfolios to email@example.com
Utah Life Magazine is hiring an Advertising Sales Executive to sell advertising into our international subscriber magazines. You will work with businesses, non-profit organizations and governmental entities who wish to reach our unique and loyal audience of subscribers. This job can be full-time or part-time.
<< Follow these application instructions: Apply for this Advertising Sales Executive position by emailing cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.>>
- Contact existing clients and prospective clients by phone, mail, email and in person - light travel around Utah required
- Log notes, orders and other data into CRM
- Develop prospect lists for new marketing campaigns
- Deliver and follow-up on proposals
- Provide customer service to clients
- Plan and execute sales and marketing campaigns
Qualifications & Skills
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in business administration, sales, marketing, communications, journalism, English, or related fields of study
- Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word and Teams
- CRM experience preferred (Magazine Manager, Salesforce, etc.)
- A demonstrated aptitude for and comfort selling, though no prior media sales experience is necessary
- Professional organizational habits with a penchant for processes
- Excellent business writing skills
- Excellent phone skills
- A drive to succeed
- A joy in helping others
- An appreciation for magazines, especially print magazines
Location: Remote from your home office in Utah
Founded in 1997, Flagship Publishing specializes in high-quality keepsake subscriber magazines, now reaching more than 250,000 readers in all 50 states and dozens of foreign countries. Our titles include Nebraska Life, Colorado Life and Utah Life. Flagship Publishing is owned by Chris and Angela Amundson and is based in Windsor, Colorado.